Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 03-16-05, 09:05 PM
HPG ADMIN HPG ADMIN is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,292
Have poker books helped you?

When I first started I read quite a few poker books. They helped me quickly understand theories on low-limit poker and helped create a foundation for my tight-aggressive play. Later, when I had a few months of experience, I developed my ability to read hands and add some intangible skills. So, for me, books helped me trnmendously by making me a profitable player from Day 1.

But for some people, books are just too mechanical and offer no competitive advantage over other players because everyone has access to these books.

My questions is: Have you read books and have they helped you?
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.